Thursday 22 December 2016

Harney & Sons Royal Wedding Tea

It is my first time to purchase and try on this brand of tea.

From wikipedia

Harney & Sons is an American tea company founded in 1983 in Salisbury, Connecticut and now based in Millerton, New York.They specialize in high-quality loose teas and herbal teas, and offer several products that are organic and certified kosher. In addition to loose teas, the company offers selected blends packaged in tetrahedral "silken sachet" tea bags, and other teas in standard tea bags.

My first purchase experience 

I was undecided to choose from their wide selections of tea, from white tea, black tea to green tea, the Malaysia company (Argo Andaman) which brought in this brand has made a quite lot of choices of this brand of tea types available at it's office (they direct sell to hotels & restaurants only), very grateful that the guy, I didn't even ask his name (I am so ignorant of others as usual as I am just focusing on which flavors I shall want to buy! Shame), is so helpful to assist me to choose the cuppa of my tea,so I have chosen three types to try and now I am just to review this Royal wedding tea.

The reason I choose this because it contains rose petals, but I am really disappointed because I cant smell the rose petals at all, it is my careless to overlook the powerful almond and coconut and vanilla can mask over the rose delicate scent!!!! Arrghhhhh sad, but never mind, there is always next time to try another variants!



From the tin description:

Royal Wedding Tea: We are honored to present our union of chinese Mutan White Tea buds, with almond, coconut and vanilla to taste and a floral abundance of pink rosebuds and petals. A regal Tea Blend to celebrate a glorious occasion.

Ingredients: 
Chinese White Tea rose petals cornflowers, marigold petals, naturals and artificial almond coconut and vanilla flavors. 

Brewing instructions: 

Steep in less than boiling water for 4 minutes. 

My Review
Aroma:

when opened the tin, i really can smell the very strong almond nutty smells, with sweet vanilla notes in it, but not really can smell the rose! 

Taste bud:
Not bitter at all! Very sweet, the sweet vanilla almond coconut smell will linger in your mouth, a full embodies taste. But where is pink rose laaaaa, Honestly, i totally dont get the rose notes inside of this tea.

#color label:
 this tea i would like to label it as a brown one, as it is really not floral! Very almond la, not really my cup of tea la.

Likeness towards it: 
So so lo, average, not hate but also don't really into it

Soup Color: 
Very pretty light pale gold with quite high transparency ( I seldom have chance to drink white tea, so this color rarely i can enjoy as it shall only can be seen in white tea)



Packaging:
Refer to the photo. Very royal motif design lo, very nice lo, that s why I being attracted to choose it lo, now regret lo. But seeing the very royal design (glossy pink floral lines mingled & tangled together with glossy gold floral lines as symbolized the tangled and inseparable love? haha), i persuade myself it is nice tea. :P

For Price and Availability:
please go to like their facebook page and private message them, I guess they will very welcome to reply your enquiry.
https://www.facebook.com/HarneyMalaysia/?fref=ts

That's my very simple review of my first tea I bought very recently.

Thanks for reading and merry Christmas and the happy new 2017.








No comments:

Post a Comment