Saturday 24 December 2016

Betjeman & Barton: Papillon's Love From Malesherbes



I feel stress to do this review as this tea brand is very glamorous one, which is Betjeman & Barton from French, a country full of romantic loves,poetic languages, cultures, all great senses of fashion born. (honestly, i dont really know French this country well, I am just it is so)

Brand History

From Wikipedia

Based in ParisFranceBetjeman & Barton have been tea merchants since 1919. They offer blackperfumed, and herbal teas from around the world.
The company was founded by Frenchmen Betjeman and his British employee Barton. As of 2014, the company sells over two hundred and fifty varieties of tea.

My purchase experience

This is my third times to purchase tea from this brand, and as usual I feel very hard to pick up from among the huge selections of types and perfumes of tea Betjeman & Barton offers. Luckily the sales girl there is very helpful and was not tiring to open one by one the containers which fill tea leaves for me to pick up the cup of my tea. 

This brand offers loose tea sell in  minimum of 100g of RM52 for most variants of tea except certain expensive tea leaves, such as Sencha, the price might different. I told her that I love fruity and floral scent. And she recommend me Les invites & Malesherbes. She explained that she love Malesherbes over Les invites for the scent as she is not so fancy into Jasmine scent tea, however she love Les invites over Malesherbes for it's baby Tiffany blue Tea caddy! Ah.... I just realized that in the shop the colorful caddies for each color is unique & is belong to one type of tea! So beautiful way of this brand to assign the standard tin caddy (125g) one solid catchy color for each type of tea! 
Malesherbes in light pink tea caddy
Les invites in baby Tiffany blue tea caddy 

Note: both pictures from B&B official sites


My choice of purchase

At last, i chosen Malesherbes as my purchase for this time because I want to customize it with the Papillon tea caddy that I eyed on since several months before I saw it at their facebook page. But I tell myself I shall buy the Tiffany baby blue next purchase!! it is too beautiful.

Description from official website

Malesherbes-Flavoured green tea with fruits bits and rose petals

Sencha green tea (from China) with aromas of passion fruit, vineyard peach and wild strawberries. Embellished with red rose petals and strawberry bits. A real sweet!

Extra information: 
Malesherbes is a station on Paris Métro Line 3. Malesherbes was opened on 23 May 1910 when the line was extended from Villiers to Pereire.


My review of Malesherbes


Aroma:
Well, it is really fruity, with the strawberry notes smell the strongest, but i don't really get the peach notes and not to mention the mild rose notes. But overall, it is a lovely fruity and floral fragrance green tea, of course due to it is a green tea based, you could smell the green leaves notes. 

Taste bud:
Very sweet sensation with bit of bitter from green tea leaves. 

Soup color:
Light green with sedimentation after left for a while, because it is a loose tea leaves

Packaging & Price: 
I choose customized own tea caddy which itself cost RM59 plus 100g of tea RM52




Availability:
Lot G220, Ground Floor, 1, One Utama Shopping mall (Next to the corridor link to One World Hotel)

B&B Malaysia facebook official page:
https://www.facebook.com/BNBTEAROOMMY/?fref=ts

Thanks for reading! Have a lovely day :)







No comments:

Post a Comment